- Strong command of the written word. Produce news releases, pitches, commentaries, articles, fact sheets and other content for client reports and proposals
- Serve as a client contact and provide public relations support and services including executing communications plans, supporting market research, coordinating social network campaigns
- Assist in formulating strategies, designing campaign plans, pitching client issues and events, initiating media placements and responding to public inquiries related to the client and any special event activities
- Adept at time and project management. Skilled at producing effectively and working smart under fast-paced, client-driven, deadline-oriented pressures
- Work closely with other staff to develop and support communications strategies, especially around emerging health equity campaigns and related policy issues promoted by the firm
- Provide problem-solving and creative initiatives to maximize client services and satisfaction
- Support team brainstorming and new ventures to position the clients
- At least three years’ experience (excluding internships) at a public relations agency or related field, including sustained employment at single organization; Journalism, public policy or social advocacy background, a plus
- Strong writing and oral communications skills with demonstrated abilities to produce work reports, news releases, commentaries and written and oral presentations to clients
- Public policy experience with clear understanding of the interplay between policy and communications
- Avid interest in, understanding of and exposure to news media with proven ability to plan and roll out national campaigns
- Proficiency with wide range of technology including online research tools, PowerPoint, Photoshop and Web 2.0 management skills; advanced skills in social marketing and new media a plus
- Collaborative work style; ability to inspire staff morale through anticipating work, creative brainstorming and appropriately contributing to collective process
- Flexible to changing and competing priorities dictated by client-driven environment
- Commitment to travel the extra mile for stellar results
- Track pertinent news clips and utilize social media to address various aspects of client and firm updates
- Support internal website, blog and social media efforts
- Assist in generating and updating press contact lists and other databases of target constituencies; conduct data entry and dissemination of information
- Assist in the creation of signage, circulars, mock ups, e-mail campaigns, on-line promotion, etc.
- Assist in the distribution or delivery of marketing materials
- Assist with fulfillment of marketing offers
- Assist with execution of trade shows
- Assist with the preparation and delivery of training materials
- Prepare presentations
- Maintain tracking report of public relations activity
- Assist in preparing press kits, project reports, work updates and other documents for client and new business campaigns
- Provide general support to publicity and outreach campaigns in coordination with account professionals including fielding information requests, staffing media events, pitching story ideas and other related activities
- Provide administrative support including telephone reception and general office support
- A recent graduate from a communications or journalism program
- Experience using social marketing in a professional setting
- Strong written and oral communications skills used to convey persuasive pitches
- Spanish language skills are highly desirable, but not required
- Comfortable in responding to fast-paced and shifting demands of multiple clients
- Previous public relations agency experience preferred
- Ability to manage daily activities with minimal direction
- Professional attire in the office and when out in the community representing the firm
- Creative and “out of the box” thinking and planning
- Strong understanding of social media
- Ability to accomplish tasks independently and also willingness and ability to work as a team
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and HTML and Desktop Publisher
- Ability to remain flexible, handling changing priorities and tight deadlines
- Must have flexible schedule
- Work a minimum of 30 hours per week in consecutive days, Monday thru Friday
- Preference will be given to candidates available to work full-time
- Send a letter that specifically addresses the requirements identified in the position and how your experience and skills meet those requirements.
- Send via e-mail to email@example.com or by fax to 202-833-9770.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.
McKinney & Associates welcomes diversity and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The critically acclaimed feature film Twelve Years a Slave has renewed the...